Sports Betting with Dogecoin? Here’s Your Complete 2023 Guide
Dogecoin, which started as a “joke” back in 2013, has evolved into a fully-fledged cryptocurrency. Dogecoin casinos are nothing new, but now you can use DOGE to bet on your favorite sports teams and players. Why would you choose sports betting with Dogecoin over fiat or more popular altcoins? Well, for starters:
- Lightning-fast deposits and withdrawals at DOGE bookies. That’s because Dogecoin generates a new block every minute or so, which drastically reduces transaction times.
- Privacy and sometimes even anonymity while betting.
- You can bet smaller amounts with DOGE than with coins like BTC.
- DOGE is readily available on all the main crypto exchanges.
- Dogecoin’s market capitalization promises a bright future.
If that isn’t enough to convince you, just wait until you hear about all the different DOGE bookies you can bet at in 2023. In this guide, we’re going to take you through:
- The best Dogecoin sports betting sites.
- How to bet on sports with DOGE.
- Explain how you can make real money betting with the meme-coin.
Ready, set, woof! Bet…we meant bet.
Unpacking the Best Dogecoin Sportsbooks
As DOGE has grown in popularity, more crypto bookies have opened their arms to the budding coin. This is good news, since there are now a bunch of first-class bookies where you can bet on sports with Dogecoin. It wasn’t easy, but we managed to shortlist 3 amazing contenders, all of which have:
- A diverse range of different sports to bet on.
- Comparatively good odds.
- Excellent reputation in the sports betting community.
- Unique sports-related bonuses and promos.
We’re trying to build suspense, but you’ve already seen our top picks! Now it’s time to compare them before we unpack each of their offerings in turn. Take a look at some stats before we begin.
- Sports Offered: 53
- Sports Bonuses: Yes
- eSports: 10
- Best For: Soccer betting
- Sports Offered: 44
- Sports Bonuses: Yes
- eSports: 5
- Best For: UFC betting
- Sports Offered: 32
- Sports Bonuses: Yes
- eSports: 0
- Best For: Tennis betting
Now that we’ve covered the basics of our top picks, let’s unpack each provider in greater detail, starting with our favorite:
BC.Game: #1 DOGE Sportsbook
BC.Game is hands-down the best site for sports betting with Dogecoin. That’s quite a ballsy statement, but we’ve got the facts to back it up:
- The casino has more than 50 sports you can bet on with DOGE.
- You’ll find regular boosted odds on your favorite events.
- You can place a plethora of different bets, like pre-match, in-play, and specials.
We’re just getting started. In BC.Game’s huge offering, you’ll find your traditional markets like basketball, baseball, and Formula 1 – as well as less common fixtures like Gaelic Hurling and squash. Speaking of F1, you may be interested to know BC.Game is our favorite site for Formula 1 betting.
Thinking of betting on eSports with Dogecoin? There’s something for you, too – a wholesome selection of 10 eSports markets, including:
- Rocket League
- League of Legends
- Dota 2
BC.Game Sports Betting Bonuses
Now on to what you’re really looking for – bonuses that will make your DOGE last longer. Well, as we already mentioned, BC.Game won’t disappoint here.
At any given moment, BC.Game has some excited sports-related bonuses up for grabs. For example, at the time of writing, the casino was offering up boosted odds on the anticipated Chelsea vs Fulham game.
Not a soccer fan? No problem. Why not try your hand at winning a share of $80,000 (or DOGE equivalent) as part of BC.Game’s Sports Leaderboard Tournament, just by betting on FIFA or a few specific virtual sports?
Since its inception in ancient times, sports betting has been a social activity. BC.Game makes sure it stays that way with its thriving on-site chat and active forum. You’ll never walk alone… (any Liverpool fans around?) While we’re talking soccer, BC.Game is probably best known for its huge fanbase of soccer aficionados. You can imagine then, how busy this DOGE bookie was during the 2022 Qatar World Cup.
Stake: Sports Promos Galore
Stake is a powerhouse in the DOGE sports betting department. The casino has fought its way to second place with a bunch of unique perks, sports bonuses, and exciting sponsorships that draw you in and make you stay.
You can bet on any of the following sports with DOGE:
- And many, many more!
Let’s not forget the less traditional markets where you can bet on events like:
- Eurovision Song Contest
- Dancing with the Stars
Stake doesn’t believe in doing anything half-heartedly – especially when it comes to partnerships. They’re not satisfied unless it’s the best, proven by their affiliation with sports stars like:
- Israel Adesanya
- Kun Aguero
- Jose Aldo
- Alexa Grasso
- Glover Teixeira
- Jailton Almeida
- Fittipaldi Brothers
Sports aside, they’ve recently partnered up with Drake (yup, the Drake) whose love for roulette has inspired a massive new Stake promotion.
Back onto sports, you’ll notice that a few of Stake’s partners are UFC big-wigs – and this is no coincidence. Stake has major stakes (too cheesy?) in UFC. If you’re a DOGE fan with a love for MMA, then you’ll find everything you’re looking for at this Dogecoin bookie.
Our favorite thing about Stake? Their promotions:
Stake Sports Promotions
We can’t possibly list all of Stake’s sports betting promotions (well, we could – but it would take hours), there are just so many. But, let’s take a look at some of the top promos available for DOGE bettors at the time of writing:
- UFC Split Decision Insurance: Place bets on Winner markets of any UFC match you like, and you’ll earn your stake back if your selection loses by a split decision.
- NFL 3rd Quarter Payout: If your selection leads by 7+ at the close of the 3rd Quarter – but ends up losing – you’ll get paid out anyway.
- NBA Primetime Double Winnings: If your NBA Winner selection comes out on top (and their respective player hits the desired target) you earn Double Winnings up to $100 (or DOGE equivalent).
- Watford Road to Promotion: If you back Watford in the 1×2 market and they end up losing, you’ll still earn a Half Refund up to $50.
Cloudbet: 3rd Place
Bringing up the rear is fan-favorite Cloudbet, which also offers a good selection of sports you can bet on with Dogecoin. Although it’s not as extensive as BC.Game or Stake, this bookie offers odds on all the major sports and less traditional markets. However, we can’t help but notice the absence of eSports, which is a major blow in our books.
However, they do have a sport that neither of their competitors has:
- Pesapallo, a fast-paced bat and ball sport originating in Finland.
We’ve got to hand it to Cloudbet for thinking out of the box here.
As for promotions, Cloudbet has one: Zero Margin Odds. How does it work? We’re so glad you asked.
You can get zero margin odds on a number of different competitions, including NBA, NFL, MMA, MLB, soccer, and tennis. All you need to do is keep an eye out for highlighted events marked with yellow boxes. If you’re among the first 1,000 players to place a bet, you’ll be offered fee-less bets on your competition of choice.
In other words, Cloudbet is giving up their commission on your bets to help you maximize your winnings.
It’s a pretty cool initiative, but it can’t stand up against the generous deals you’ll receive from BC.Game and Stake. We’re looking forward to seeing more promos from Cloudbet in the future.
How to Bet on Sports with DOGE
If you’ve never bet with Dogecoin before, you’re in for a treat. The process is remarkably simple and can be done within 5 minutes. If you’re a DOGE betting veteran, no need to stick around for this part. Newbies, this one’s for you! Simply:
- Set up a DOGE-friendly wallet: You’ll need it to store your newly-purchased tokens. We tested a bunch of different options and came up with a list of the best Dogecoin wallets.
- Purchase DOGE tokens from any major crypto exchange: Consider using Coinbase or DogeDex, but remember that some bookies have on-site exchanges where you can buy DOGE directly.
- Choose a DOGE sportsbook: Make use of our dynamic list and choose your favorite bookie that supports Dogecoin betting.
- Send tokens to your sportsbook wallet: Once you’ve got some DOGE in your wallet, navigate to your bookie’s ‘wallet’ section and choose ‘Dogecoin’ as your preferred payment method. You’ll then be given a unique wallet address to which you should send tokens.
- Bet on your favorite sports and events: With some fresh DOGE in your wallet, you’re ready to bet! Choose your odds and make sure to take advantage of any bonuses on the way.
Can You Make Money With Dogecoin Betting?
This seems to be the question on everyone’s lips. The answer? Yes, you can make real money with Dogecoin betting. However, it’s not guaranteed. Whether or not you do make a profit depends on 3 different factors:
How much money you make (or lose) with DOGE betting depends a lot on your chosen odds. In case you don’t already know, odds show how much money you’ll win if you bet on a certain event to happen. The higher the odds, the more you’ll win (relative to your stake amount, of course).
High odds = higher win
Low odds = lower win
Let’s look at a practical example:
The higher the odds for a UFC fighter are, the more unlikely it is that they’ll win the match.
The lower the odds for a fighter are, the more likely it is they’ll win the match.
If you’re determined to make a steady profit, you’ll probably want to bet on the likeliest outcome (lower odds) – though you probably won’t gain a hefty payout.
To summarize, it’s the type of odds you bet on that influence how much you win on any given DOGE bet.
2. Bankroll Management
Take care of things, and they’ll last. Ask any insurance broker in any cringe-worthy TV advert and they’ll tell you the same. Despite how cliché the sentiment is, it’s pretty true. And yes (you saw this coming) it can be applied to sports betting with Dogecoin.
The way you use your DOGE while betting will impact how much of a profit you’ll come out with, in the end. Burning through your bankroll in a matter of hours with a few hasty bets is a sure way to make a loss (you made the insurance broker sad).
- Set a betting budget (daily, weekly, or monthly) and stick to it.
- Research teams and players before betting on them.
- Try not to bet on your favorite teams (personal bias may cloud your judgment).
These are just a few practical tips to help you grow your bankroll, but there’s also value in holding or withdrawing DOGE from your wallet based on trends…which brings us to our next factor:
Dogecoin’s volatility is a bit of a double-edged sword. It’s been ranked in the top 50% of volatile cryptos, and understandably so. The coin has been known to swing dramatically in value at a moment’s notice. Most people would see this as a con, while others have a more holistic take.
But what does that have to do with sports betting?
Well, if you’ve received a killer payout on a bet well-placed today, and DOGE suddenly falls in value, your payout’s going to be less significant. On the other hand, a shoddy payout could become celebration-worthy if DOGE rises.
See what we’re getting at? If you’re diligent and keep an eye on trends you’ll be able to HODL or withdraw when the time’s just right. This is a learning process but once you’ve got it right, it could mean a serious increase in profit for you.
Still here? You’re just about ready to make your first bet using DOGE.
Now that you know where to find the best Dogecoin bookies and how to increase your chances of making real money while betting, you’re well on your way to a productive sports betting career with your friendly neighborhood meme-coin at your side.
As more and more crypto bookies add DOGE to their portfolios, your list of options will grow. We’ll be sure to keep updating our list with the best bookies for Dogecoin bettors, as well.
Now then, quit hounding us and start betting!